E-commerce-Solution Shopping Made Easy
4. Consider the vendor’s background and innovativeness. How does the product help manage such online channels as Amazon or eBay? Does the solution offer variable fields such as title, author, publisher, edition, illustrator or other user-defined fields? Likewise, does the vendor offer club management or “of the month” type features? How about upsell or cross-sell recommendations (e.g., people who purchases this item also purchase x)?
“While some of these features may not be important for your business today, it’s comforting to know the features are available if you change direction,” says Coon. “It also shows that the company is not stagnant. In many cases, the vendor can provide you with the timeline of previous releases to show you the type of progress you can expect once you become a customers.”
Santa Fe, NM
CyberWolf’s Acumen Book business management system is suitable for sites with up to 100 concurrent users. It provides sales, marketing and communication features, integration of business management functions, and reporting tools. Its eCommerce Interchange Optional Module is a suite of functions that enables Acumen to communicate with any number of Web sites to supply updated product information, receive and process Web orders, synchronize the maintenance of customer data, and automatically e-mail order and shipment confirmations to customers.
Shawnee Mission, KS
Datasystem’s Multi-Pub modulated business management solution offers an e-commerce module, called e-sync, for connecting Web sites to fulfillment systems, and automating ordering, cancellations, expires, etc. Products, rates and offers that are defined in Multi-Pub are available for Web site display. Customers can view their accounts, make address changes, see payment and shipping status, etc. Site licenses can be defined based on IP addresses and more.
Digital River’s Web-based E-subscriptions solution for publishers enables print, electronic and combination sales and delivery of magazines, journals, buyer’s guides, as well as digital and tangible products, conferences and events among others. Features include: one-day, seven-day, 15-day, 30-day, 90-day, six-month, one-year, two-year, three-year subscriptions; auto renewals; free trials converted to paid; single article, issue or chapter sales; archive-only sales; bundled products sales; automated e-mail renewal series; content licensing.
- Burke Publications
- CyberWolf Inc.
- Datasystem Solutions Inc.
- Digital River
- Dow Jones & Co. Inc.
- Global Turnkey Solutions
- Gulf Publishing Co.
- International Business Systems
- Klopotek International North America
- M.E. Sharpe
- Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
- Morse Data Corp.
- NYU Press
- Overdrive Inc.
- Penguin Group (USA)
- Presbyterian Publishing
- RR Bowker
- Scholastic Inc.
- The Media Services Group Ltd.
- Trilogy Enterprise Systems
- Vista International
- Yankee Publishing