Océ publishes Sustainability Report 2011
Venlo, The Netherlands, 26 April 2012—Océ, a Canon Group company, has once again achieved gains in all five of its strategic sustainability focal areas: energy, reuse, paper, product responsibility and employer of choice. The results are documented in the Océ Sustainability Report 2011 published today. Highlights include a substantial further reduction in company carbon footprint compared to 2010 and the launch of a uniquely clean new imaging technology.
• In addition to further reducing energy consumption of products, Océ reduced the total company carbon footprint by 13% compared to 2010
• The company launched the Océ VarioPrint® DP Line of production printers based on highly sustainable technologies that eliminate ozone emissions and greatly reduce energy usage
• Océ once again placed in the Leading Group of companies in the Dutch Transparency Benchmark
• Océ reached its target on waste “going to landfill” one year ahead of schedule with less than 2% of total waste from production facilities now disposed in landfills
• Océ began sales of the first Cradle to Cradle paper developed in close cooperation with waste processing partner Van Gansewinkel
“Our customers demand a printing and document management supplier that contributes to their sustainability objectives. The Sustainability Report 2011 provides measurable evidence that Océ is a strong partner to help them achieve their goals.” Anton Schaaf, Océ President & CEO