About the Top 25
12. Founded in 1937, Walsworth Publishing offers complete prepress, printing and binding under one roof. In addition, it offers a Direct2Film CTP system and Komori presses for high-end print jobs. Its Web site guides users on how to create PDF files for submissions to Walsworth.
13. Four generations after its founding in 1893, Edwards Brothers is a full-service book and journal manufacturer specializing in ultra-short and medium runs of high-quality publications for book publishers, educational organizations, scholarly societies and others. It offers prepress services, binding, and a wide range of paper and cover stocks. Nearly 800 employees work in the company's three locations: Ann Arbor, Mich.; and two plants in Lillington, N.C. The Ann Arbor location features a digital manufacturing center specializing in ultra short runs of 50 to 250 copies.
14. Lehigh Press supplies book covers and jackets, ancillary materials, and specialty commercial products, as well as prepress services to the educational and consumer publishing markets. Lehigh Lithographers combines more than 75 years of sheetfed printing expertise with the latest in digital prepress and CTP technology, specializing in four- to six-color printing with decorating options such as foil stamping and embossing; myriad film laminations; spot UV embellishments; and LeHiFi®, Lehigh's high-fidelity printing process. Colortronics specializes in high-quality separations, asset management and archiving, scanning, page assembly, and quick turnaround for CTP prep and final film.
15. Worzalla Publishing, founded in 1892, is an employee-owned book manufacturing company. Capabilities include electronic prepress; large format sheetfed and web presses for medium to long runs; and complete hardcase and softcover bindery services at its centrally located, 315,000-square-foot facility.
16. Unimac Graphics, formerly MacNaughton Lithography, has four commercial printing plants.
17. Malloy Lithographing is a full-service book manufacturer offering electronic prepress (including CTP); web and sheet-fed printing; multi-color covers, dust jackets, and inserts; Precision Spot Gloss; and a wide range of binding styles, including perfect, saddle, case and lay-flat.