Barnes & Noble Re-Launches SparkNotes.com
• eBooks - Over 700 SparkNotes study guides are available in eBook format from the Barnes & Noble eBookstore (www.bn.com/ebooks) and are directly linked to each relevant Sparknote study guide.
The revamped SparkNotes site also posts a series of blogs providing tips and advice not found in any textbook, allowing commenting from the vocal SparkNotes community of users. Subjects range from writing, handling assignments, SAT prep and getting into college, to finding the perfect music playlist for effective studying, or ways to navigate school cliques:
• Test Prep Tutor blog - Tips and tactics for taking the SAT. Blogger Allen Mogol is a former Marketing Director for The College Board who keeps his finger on the pulse of high school issues as an active member of the Stuyvesant High School Alumni Association. John Crowther, Executive Editor of SparkNotes.com, is also a contributor to this blog.
• College Advisor blog - Guidance about selecting and applying for college and financial aid. Financial aid blogger Brandon Rogers is the author of 10 Things You Gotta Know about Paying for College and 10 Things You Gotta Know about Choosing a College. His articles have appeared in The Council for Research Development Dispatch and Seattle Weekly. College admissions blogger Corinne Clemetsen is currently employed as an admission counselor at Albright College in Reading, Pennsylvania.
• Miss Marm blog - Covers writing, grammar, style and assignment planning by Emma Chastain, author of SparkNotes guides on writing and style.
• SparkLife - The "study break" area of the site. SparkLife posts help to make sense of the social and cultural side of school and college (with a healthy dose of wry humor), as well as covering topics of interest to the student population, such as School, Books, Guides, Advice, Digital, and Music.