Press Release: Blurb Enables Its Authors to Publish on Kindle/Amazon, Enters into Global Distribution with Ingram, And Offers Competitively Priced Trade Book Line
Ingram Content Group distribution: Blurb now provides authors in any country who write in any language the potential to make their books available to tens of thousands of online and offline retailers around the world. Ingram Content Group is the world's largest and most trusted distributor of physical and digital content. Will be available from late July.
Competitively priced, new print formats: In an effort to enable indie authors to make more of a profit off their products, Blurb will launch a new more competitively priced Trade & Pocket line, including 5x8, 6x9, and 8x10 print-on-demand (POD) text-weight paper book formats. Will be available from late July.
Using the Blurb platform with the new offerings, authors can now do the following:
- Access free book, magazine, and ebook design tools
- Use print-on-demand or offset print options to create magazines and print books in multiple hardcover and softcover formats
- Make fixed format and reflowable* ebooks
- Direct sell their book through Blurb's personal storefront which plugs into personal websites, blogs or Facebook pages
- Distribute through Amazon.com, the Kindle store*, the iBookstore and to retailers globally through Ingram's* Global Retail Network
- Get access to Blurb's agile fulfillment program (AFP) for short term warehousing and fulfillment
- Create customized books as well as truly bespoke books
For more information, please visit http://www.blurb.com.
*Will be available from late July.
Blurb® is a company and a community that believes passionately in the power of designed books - in both print and ebook form. Blurb's indie publishing platform is simple yet flexible enough to make everyone an author - every blogger, cook, designer, photographer, entrepreneur, poet, everyone. Founded by Eileen Gittins in 2005 and funded by Canaan Partners and Anthem Venture Partners, the Blurb platform enables everyone to independently publish, share, market, and distribute their work. Blurb's portfolio of free software tools include Blurb's BookWright, BookSmart, and Bookify in addition to a plug-in for Adobe InDesign® plus full integration into Adobe Lightroom®. With over one million book creators and more than 2.8 million unique titles published to date, Blurb is re-imagining what books can and should be in the 21st century - and who gets to create them.