Book Business Launching New Tech Blog, The Futurists
The book industry is rapidly changing, with new technologies regularly disrupting the market. In an attempt to keep our readers informed of the latest ideas and innovations pushing the industry forward, Book Business brings you The Futurists. This blog will showcase burgeoning companies that are shaking up book publishing, be they tech startups, innovative presses, or a mixture of the two.
The structure is a simple Q&A in which innovators and entrepreneurs tell us how their latest press or technology is unique and why the publishing industry should take notice. Bookmate, Inkshares, and Rooster are just a few of the innovators filling our Futurists roster. Our first Futurists blog post is from Rooster, an app that's helping busy people read more books.
If you know of a blog-worthy company, please share this article with them -- or if you are a publishing pioneer yourself, email editor Ellen Harvey at email@example.com and follow the submission guidelines below.
- Who Are You? What is XXXXXX and how does it work?
- Explain Your Existence: What problem are you solving? How are you disruptive and innovative? How is your product improving the way that publishers create content and/or how readers consume that content?
- Inspiration: How did you come up with this idea? How does your new press or product/service reflect changes and trends underway in the content world?
- Wisdom: What are the most important trends in publishing, content production, and monetization strategies? What do you see that no one else sees? Enlighten us...
- Competition: Who is your competition? (And you can't say, "There's really no one else out there doing what we're doing.")
- What's Next? How do you plan on expanding your product or service offering? Where do you see opportunities for growth?
LENGTH: 500-600 words
We reserve the right to reject any blog submissions that do not meet these requirements.