Copia Social eReading Platform Goes Live
"Netflix and Amazon are on to something with their recommendation engines-mechanized results suggesting 'what to enjoy next?'" said Lowinger. "Copia personalizes recommendations by sharing with you the opinion of the people you care about, mirroring the feeling of perusing a book shelf with friends."
Copia's intuitive and personal features help readers find and connect with friends in new and meaningful ways:
• Community Value Scoring: Like a Wine Spectator rating for books, community ratings help readers find their next favorite book. At a glance, Copia users can tell how interesting a book or piece of content is to the Copia community, spotlighting the most talked about, highlighted and annotated items in the Copia library.
• Library Compare: Scan the library of your friends and other Copia users to find the favorite books you have in common. Library Compare virtually recreates the moment when the person sitting next to you on a plane opens your favorite book and you strike up a great conversation.
• Collaboration: Imagine the ability to reference the notes of the smartest student in class. Study groups can use Copia's groups, discussions and note taking features to empower their group reading experience. Users can access annotations from their community, redefining social reading and bringing a new level of crowd sourcing to education.
• Note Collections & Publishing: Read a friend's views on a passage or leave your own insights for the next reader. Copia users can organize and share enlightening notes that can help shape the reading experience of thousands of future readers.
• Book Clubs Re-Envisioned: Users can create book clubs to discuss and share reading experiences. Users can also set individual or group reading goals, create milestones, and set challenges among friends.
• What's Next?: Newspapers, magazines, music, video and your favorite mobile devices including slates, netbooks, Windows 7 Phone and Android devices, all powered by Copia.