Sheridan’s Electronic Content Services (ECS) Now Feature POD, Journal Anthology Capability, and Batch Product Import
Hunt Valley, MD, April 18, 2012—The Sheridan Group has expanded their Electronic Content Services (ECS) commerce platforms to allow integration with Sheridan’s Print-on-Demand (POD) system, Journal Anthology support, and the ability to auto-import multiple titles into the system.
Sheridan’s ECS offering, launched over a year ago, enables publishers to sell books and publications directly to consumers from their websites, creating a new publisher revenue stream. Three different fulfillment models are available:
- Sheridan Connect: publisher branded eStore selling directly to consumers
- Publisher Connect: back-end integration with publishers website to fulfill publication orders
- ShelfWise: an aggregated eStore linking to publishers’ websites
File conversion services, encryption using digital rights management, and the ability to streamline eBook and publication distribution to online retail partners (i.e., Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc.) are optionsoffered through Sheridan’s ECS.
The latest enhancements to ECS offer even greater flexibility and opportunities to publishers. Specifically:
- a one-off print option within the shopping cart.
- the ability to market collections of journal articles, special editions, or themed anthologies, available electronically or in print, via the shopping cart.
- the functionality of batch product import, to easily upload multiple titles for set-up in the eStore.
Mark Witkowski, Vice President of Technology Development at The Sheridan Group, commented “We are excited to make these features available as they will provide publishers with new sales opportunities and streamline their workflows. We will continue to develop new features to enhance our publisher and consumer online shopping experience.”
About The Sheridan Group
Located in Hunt Valley, MD, The Sheridan Group is a leading provider of print, publishing services and
technology solutions to publishers, associations, university presses, and catalogers. Comprised of The
Sheridan Press, Dartmouth Printing Company, Dartmouth Journal Services, The Dingley Press, and
Sheridan Books, each company within The Sheridan Group has a market specialty that supports scholarly
journals, magazines, catalogs, or books. www.sheridan.com.