Facts, Fantasy, and Realities of Automating EPUB3 Production at HarperCollins Publishers
HarperCollins Publishers has undertaken a publishing automation program to accelerate book production over the past year. This program encompassed a change in their internal workflows and content transformations into EPUBs. How did they do it and what were the lessons learned?
Please join Leslie Padgett, Senior Director, Global Digital Operations at HarperCollins and Eliot Kimber, Senior Solutions Architect at RSI Content Solutions, as they discuss in this webinar:
- How standards such as DITA for Publishers are being leveraged to create EPUB3 products automatically
- Pros and cons of taking your EPUB production in-house instead of outsourcing
- Benefits of automating EPUB3 workflows
- Challenges to providing backwards compatibility to EPUB2
- Lessons learned from automating the EPUB creation process