How Publishers Are Seizing the Online Learning Opportunity
Editor's Note: On April 20th, Book Business' sister brand Publishing Executive will be hosting a free webinar that will explore the new revenue streams publishers are developing through paid, online learning. The webinar "Seizing the Online Learning Revenue Opportunity" will feature presentations from magazine publishers, but the lessons on audience development and digital content monetization are applicable to book publishers. In fact, some book publishers -- notably Simon & Schuster -- are already investing resources into growing online learning platforms and developing new, direct revenue streams with their audiences. The full description of the webinar is below.
Publishers of every ilk are eagerly seeking smart ways to diversify and grow their revenue streams. Online learning fits squarely in the sweet spot, enabling publishers to capitalize on existing expertise, grow engaged audiences, and develop a scalable revenue model. In this webinar, we’ll explore the online learning opportunity for B2B, Consumer, and Association publishers alike, hearing how other publishers have built and launched effective learning businesses.
Sponsored by: Thought Industries
Speakers: Michael Daecher, CMO, ArtistWorks.com; Roberta Muller, SVP Product Development, Northstar Travel Media; Barry Kelly, CEO, Thought Industries
Our speakers will explore:
- Obstacles publishers face in launching learning programs, including editorial, audience development, and technology challenges
- How to identify the market opportunity for online learning with your audience
- Creative business models and common costs of growing a profitable online learning business
- How publishers can leverage their existing content and subject matter expertise
- Successful marketing and promotion strategies for online learning
Sponsored by Thought Industries
Can’t make it on April 20th? No problem! Publishing Executive webinars are archived for 90 days after the live event. Click above to register and get access to this webinar, both live and on- demand.