HP Accelerates Analog-to-Digital Publishing Transformation
Upgraded SmartStream tools advance digital publishing workflows
New HP SmartStream and HP SmartStream Solutions Partner program workflow solutions for HP Indigo presses include:
— HP SmartStream Production Center, a new production management system that addresses the challenges of producing and delivering high volumes of short-run jobs, reducing turnaround time and increasing profitability. Available later this year, HP SmartStream Production Center unifies multiple job streams, shows real-time, detailed end-to-end production floor status and enables PSPs to manage job progress and priority.
— HP SmartStream Production Pro Print Server, version 5, a digital front-end solution that supports HP Indigo 10000 B2-format and other high-volume applications with a multi-raster image processing architecture that significantly shortens job processing, batching and streaming.(9) The server has a web-based user interface to manage complex print server tasks, and includes new, automatic ICC substrate profiling and finishing setup features.
— The latest versions of the HP SmartStream Director Web-to-Print solution, HP SmartStream Designer variable-data design and impositioning software, and the HP SmartStream Production Analyzer press monitoring solution.
More information is available at www.hp.com/go/HPPredrupa12, www.hp.com/go/drupa and through the HP Graphic Arts Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/hpgraphicarts and YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/hpgraphicarts. Join or follow the conversation using the #HPdrupa hashtag.
(1) Compared to monochrome printing speeds for the HP T300, T350 and T400 Color Inkjet web presses.
(2) Compared to color printing speeds for the HP T200 Color Inkjet Web Press.
(3) Compared to the HP Indigo W7200 press printing at four-color speed.
(4) Compared to the HP Indigo 7500 Digital Press.
(5) INTERQUEST, 2012.
(6) Speed increase is from 240 A4/letter size pages per minute two-up (29.87 m / 98 feet per minute) to 320 pages per minute two-up (39.9 m / 131 feet per minute) in Enhanced Productivity Mode.
(7) Compared to the HP Indigo 7500 press printing at four-color speed. Speed increase is from 120 A4/letter-size pages per minute (3,200 330 x 482-mm / 13 x 19-inch sheets per hour) in four colors to 160 pages per minute (4,800 sheets per hour) in Enhanced Productivity Mode.
(8) Compared to other HP Indigo press models using process-black HP ElectroInk alone.
(9) Compared to previous versions of the HP SmartStream Production Pro Print Server.