Introducing Simon & Schuster Mobile
(Press Release) NEW YORK, July 7—Every day more and more consumers are using mobile devices to access the web, and Simon & Schuster Digital is pleased to now be able to connect those on-the-go consumers to a mobile-optimized version of the company’s acclaimed website, simonandschuster.com. The new site, www.simonandschuster.mobi, will appear whenever a user attempts to access simonandschuster.com from a mobile device, and features many of the key elements from that site, including:
· Author pages, including popular features such as exclusive Author Revealed and Author Voices content, videos, and bios.
· Books and series pages, with excerpts, descriptions, audio and excerpts
· A dedicated Video hub similar to the similar to the simonandschuster.com site
· Full-site search capability
· Signups for newsletters and alerts
· Buy links to retailers with mobile-optimized shopping carts
· Future mobile capabilities will include sweepstakes and customer reviews
The new mobile site is attractively designed and user-friendly, and is organized by drop down menus to alleviate the customary waiting time while web pages refresh. The new Simon& Schuster mobile site is optimized for iPhone, iPod touch, Android and the Blackberry Onyx (9700) and Blackberry Storm (5300).