Carolyn Walters, executive associate dean of the IU Libraries, has been appointed the first executive director of the office. Under her leadership, the office will seek to support and strengthen the acquisitions and editorial excellence of the press through IU's revenue-generating initiatives.
Walters will work with a faculty advisory board, whose inaugural members will include:
· Ruth Stone (chair), associate vice provost for the arts, Office of the Vice Provost for Research
· Julie Bobay (ex officio member), associate dean for collection development and scholarly communications, IU Libraries
· Jason Jackson, associate professor of folklore, Department of Folklore and Ethnomusicology
· John Lucaites, associate dean for arts and humanities, College of Arts and Sciences
· Janet Rabinowitch (ex officio member), director, IU Press
· Ted Striphas, associate professor and director of graduate studies, Department of Communication and Culture