Lerner Publishing Group Launches Lerner Publisher Services
(Press Release) MINNEAPOLIS, MN – Lerner Publishing Group today announced the debut of Lerner Publisher Services. The new division is focused on sales, services, and distribution of high-quality print and digital books from premium children’s publishers to the library, school, retail, online, gift/museum, and international markets. Lerner Publisher Services will afford select children’s publishers the opportunity to grow sales by leveraging the market reach, expertise and reputation for exceptional quality and customer service that has made Lerner Publishing Group a leader in independent children’s book publishing for 52 years. Lerner Publisher Services will operate sales, distribution, customer service, billing and collections, and book manufacturing through its headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
“Lerner Publishing Group has been successfully distributing a small number of children’s publishers since 2003,” stated President and Publisher Adam Lerner. “The time is right to lend our sales and distribution expertise to additional children’s publishers. We can provide them with access to our strong sales channels to market share that they cannot reach on their own.”
“Besides leveraging our sales and distribution strength in the children’s markets, Lerner Publisher Services goes beyond the traditional print distribution model by offering eBook distribution through Lerner’s proprietary digital delivery platform and many eBook retail and wholesale partnerships,” said David Wexler, Executive Vice President of Sales. “Lerner Publisher Services can also provide in-house production services such as eBook conversion, design, book development, printing, and binding through our sister company Muscle Bound Bindery. We offer a unique scope of services that other publisher distributors cannot match,” added Wexler.
“The stellar books brought to readers through Lerner Publisher Services compliment the excellence, breadth, and strong reader-appeal of books published by Lerner Publishing Group, alongside the finest representation, customer service, and delivery our customers have come to expect from Lerner Publishing Group and our family of imprints,” added Adam Lerner.
Lerner Publisher Services’ clients include Andersen Press USA, The Kane Press, ARC Press, Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, and We Do Listen Foundation. LPS will add two more clients in Fall 2011: Gecko Press and Inside Pocket Books.
• Andersen Press USA (Grades PreK–4): Andersen Press USA brings some of the most well-known children's picture books that have been published in the UK to American readers. The collection includes select titles from David McKee's endearing line of Elmer books and Tony Ross's entertaining Little Princess series, as well as titles from Jeanne Willis, Satoshi Kitamura, and many other talented authors.
• The Kane Press (Grades K–4): The Kane Press books merge literature and content in a way that encourages children to read and discover how what they are learning in school relates to their everyday lives. Clever plot lines, real-life situations, engaging characters, and kid-sized dilemmas are hallmarks of The Kane Press books. Written by respected children's authors and illustrated by award-winning artists, The Kane Press books are perfect for independent reading or as part of a shared, read-aloud experience.
* ARC Press (Grades Pre-K-2): ARC Press titles build reading readiness, confidence, and literacy skills in beginning readers. Designed for students who are nearly ready or starting to read and illustrated with bold, engaging photographs, ARC Press books provide extensive picture support and predictable sentence structures for new readers. Some titles are published in both English and Spanish versions, for assisting ELL/ESL students or supporting bilingual programs. ARC Press is a division of American Reading Company, home of the Hundred Book Challenge.
* We Do Listen Foundation (Grades PreK-4): We Do Listen Foundation’s mission is to enable children to enjoy inner peace and communicate in a more effective way. The Foundation creates entertaining, educational books to help young children learn how to listen, feel good about themselves, and deal with bullies and violence.
* Gecko Press USA (Grades PreK-4): Gecko Press is a New Zealand-based independent publisher of English language editions of curiously good books from around the world. Gecko Press books are excellent in story, illustration and design, with a strong ‘heart factor’ that encourage children to love to read.
* Inside Pocket Books (Grades K-12): Independent UK publisher Inside Pocket Books publishes critically acclaimed, fun-packed stories by great new authors–some puzzling, some mysterious, and some beautifully illustrated by talented new artists. Inside Pocket Books are traditional good reads and exciting adventures for boys and girls.
About Lerner Publishing Group, Inc.
Lerner Publishing Group creates high-quality fiction and nonfiction for children and young adults. Founded in 1959, Lerner Publishing Group is one of the nation’s largest independent children’s book publishers with 13 imprints and divisions: Lerner Publications, Carolrhoda Books, Carolrhoda Lab™, Millbrook Press, Twenty-First Century Books, Graphic Universe™, Darby Creek, ediciones Lerner, First Avenue Editions, LernerClassroom, Kar-Ben Publishing, Lerner Digital, and the new Lerner Publisher Services. For more information, visit www.lernerbooks.com or www.lernerpublisherservices.com.