Press Release: McGraw-Hill Education Introduces Tablet-Friendly Version of ALEKS Adaptive Learning Platform
Designed for tablet-based interaction with easier and faster navigation, the new version of ALEKS offers students and instructors an array of tools to manage coursework, including:
- Progress Pie Chart using visual cues to depict a student's mastery of the course
- Topics Carousel that allows students to easily navigate between topics they are ready to learn
- Learning Pages provide students with detailed and interactive learning resources before attempting problems
- Student Reports serve up progress data to give students greater visibility and ownership of their learning
- Timeline View aligning a student's progress against the instructor's pre-determined learning objectives; and
- Personalized Celebrations encouraging students to master more topics and attain learning momentum
ALEKS has a proven track record of success improving student performance in math:
- The student pass rate in a Pre-Calculus course at Clemson University climbed from ~45% to 70% after implementing ALEKS.
- Once instructors at Pasadena City College began using ALEKS, the success rate for students placed below intermediate Algebra increased from less than 18% to 75%.
- In a Utah statewide pilot for adaptive math technologies, seventh grade students using ALEKS showed three times the growth in math achievement, compared to their peers.
- After implementing ALEKS, test scores at Big Bear Middle School increased by an average of 30% in just one year.
"With ALEKS, students have to continually prove that they understand the material. The mastery-based learning is what the students need to succeed," said Denise Lujan, professor of mathematics at The University of Texas at El Paso. "We also found that students who went through ALEKS passed their college-level course at a higher rate."
Learn more about ALEKS by visiting www.aleks.com.
About McGraw-Hill Education
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages. Visit us at mheducation.com or find us on Facebook or Twitter.