Nearly 1,000 Book Publishing Executives Attend Book Business Magazine's Digital Content Day @ Your Desk
The Publishing Business Virtual Conference & Expo officially opened its "virtual" doors with more than 900 book publishing executives in attendance on Thurs., Oct. 29 for Digital Content Day @ Your Desk.
The Keynote Address, Born Digital, took place in the virtual auditorium with Jane Friedman, CEO, OpenRoad Integrated Media LLC and former CEO, HarperCollins Publishers Worldwide. Friedman talked about her new e-book venture, the industry's future and where the opportunities exist for publishers today. She also explored one of the biggest questions facing all publishing executives: How to bridge the gap between the present, print-centric publishing business and the future of digital publishing.
Attendees also tweeted throughout the day using hashtag #PBV. Here are a few comments about the keynote and more:
- @aecbks: marketing has to be geared specifically to e-books, so publishers need to shift some of their marketing $$
- @YaldahPub: ebooks can withstand the price of a trade paperback, ~$14, according to Jane Friedman. Wow...most buyers would prefer Book Business magazine, the event was free to attend, and may still be accessed on-demand for 90 days beginning Monday, Nov. 2. All of the interviews, presentations, panels and resources will be available without even leaving your office.
Book publishing executives can register for this FREE on-demand event here:
View a Demo of a Virtual Event Here:
The event also includes an exhibit hall with world-class suppliers, including Oce North America, Worldcolor, Zmags, Mofuse and Open Text, to name a few. Sponsors include Oce North America, Total Printing Systems and Lightning Source.
The Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), The International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF) and the New York Center for Independent Publishing (NYCIP) are supporting organizations of Digital Content Day @ Your Desk.
About the Event:
Digital Content Day @ Your Desk is a free, virtual event (attendees can access all sessions from their computers) that explores how book publishers must adapt to succeed in today's multimedia publishing world. Topics of discussion include:
* E-book Pricing Strategies
* Shifting Role of Publishers in a Digital World
* The Piracy Threat and DRM Strategies That Work
* Social Media Strategies That Sell Books
* How to Evolve to Remain Relevant and Profitable
... and more!