Press Release: Lithomobilus Launches with Zoetic Press App
As more and more readers are turning to ebooks, Narrative Technologies has developed Lithomobilus, a flexible ebook platform with an innovative design and navigation to showcase new forms of multi-threaded narratives, as well as traditional linear books.
CEO Lise Quintana founded the company with a clear intended objective: "We value the existing publishing paradigm and want to partner with publishers so they are able to evolve using technology wisely for their needs."
Lithomobilus offers benefits for publishers, authors and readers alike, including:
- Advantages for readers who enjoy delving deeper: from multiple character perspectives to commentary to side narratives
- Opportunities for authors to include additional content now or later, such as annotations and related texts
- The ability for publishers to be in direct contact with customers by exposing new content to readers within the app even after a book has been published
Features consist of:
- In-line hyperlinks -- allows readers to keep their place in the text while accessing additional or alternate content
- Choice -- allowing the reader control over the story's path
- Scrolling vertically -- in lieu of page-format reading
Lithomobilus is now partnering with publishers to license their own brands for iOS devices, starting with iPads. The platform is easily customized for anthologies, backlist, revised editions, and for authors who write richly developed characters and plots expressing different perspectives. Publishers and authors earn additional revenue for in-line, in-app purchases; and readers pay only for the new content related to ebooks already purchased.
Lithomobilus is developed with new functionality that values reading rather than fortifying a book with multimedia enhancements as replacements for reading.
"Lithomobilus plans to change the way we interact with literature in a digital medium."-- Book Business magazine