Press Release: NOOK Press™ Self-Publishing Platform Is Now Available to Authors and Publishers in the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands and Belgium
"By expanding NOOK Press to the international community, we're furthering our dedication to bring NOOK's best-in-class digital reading experience and exciting new content to our customers around the globe," said Colin Eustace, General Manager, Barnes & Noble S.A.R.L. "Our goal is to get more people reading digitally, and with NOOK Press, we're offering readers access to new voices and stories, and it's another great reason to start reading with NOOK."
NOOK Press Provides Authors with Simple Tools:
- Instant Access: The "Quick Start" option lets writers try out the tools before they commit to becoming a vendor - all they need to sign up is an email address. "Live Chat" offers writers instant support and personalized answers to questions at every stage of the publishing process. The service is available Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm GMT in local languages.
- One-stop Service: Authors can write, edit, format and publish their work in one place with exclusive content tools all at no cost, and sell books to millions of NOOK customers within 2-3 days.
- Easy ePub Creation and Editing: With new content creation tools, authors can easily upload a manuscript just once, then continue to write and edit directly within NOOK Press, quickly and easily turning their work into a professional-quality ePub file.
- Integrated Collaboration: NOOK Press allows authors to safely and quickly invite their network of friends and editors to read and comment on any NOOK Press project in a secure environment.
- Fast International Publishing: When authors click "Publish," their books go on sale as a NOOK Book® within 72 hours.
- Easy-to-Read Sales Reporting: A visually-enhanced sales report allows authors to easily track daily sales and monitor month-over-month progress.
- Pathways to Passionate Readers: With NOOK Press, authors can publish once and reach millions of customers around the globe.
- Unbeatable Merchandising Opportunities: NOOK Press offers authors robust merchandising opportunities in the NOOK Store® and NOOK ecosystem, including special NOOK Press-focused merchandising programs, such as NOOK First, NOOK Press Presents and Digital First, which surface great new independent reads to NOOK customers. Select content will also be included in social media campaigns, emails and newsletters directed to millions of NOOK customers, resulting in broader audience reach, more sales and new independent bestsellers.
- Competitive Compensation Model: At NOOK Press, authors enjoy a simple and competitive compensation model, with no hidden terms or fees. NOOK Press authors can price their titles between £0.75 ($0.99/€ 0.99) and £120.00 ($199.99/€ 199.99) and receive a competitive royalty based on the given price. For NOOK Press titles priced at or between £1.50 and £7.99 ($2.99 and $9.99/€ 2.50 and € 9.49), authors receive 65 percent of the list price for sold content. For those priced at £1.49 ($2.98/€ 2.49) or less, or £8.00 ($10.00/€ 9.50) or more, authors receive 40 percent of the provided list price. NOOK Press authors will be compensated for the list price they set with no additional charges, regardless of file size.
For more information on NOOK Press and to start publishing your work today, please visit www.nookpress.com.