Now Open: Kindle Worlds Store and Self Service Submission
· “I was intrigued by the opportunity to create something that absolutely had to fall inside a canon that someone else came up with. In one way, it was very freeing to do so. Because the universe itself exists, with all the richness of an already established background and history, I could get right into the meat of the story without having to explain everything to the readers. I did try to make it understandable and enjoyable to a newcomer to the world, however. But there’s a lot I worked to add that will hopefully tickle the fancy of the fans.” —L.J. McDonald, writer in The Vampire Diaries
· “It was great fun to play ‘What if?’ and come up with scenarios that had ties to things that have happened on Vampire Diaries but which took things in a different direction or introduced new characters that could fit into the world of Mystic Falls. There’s probably not a writer fangirl alive who hasn’t fantasized about being able to write at least one episode of her favorite show, and I’m no different. While these stories aren’t show episodes, it’s still pretty darn cool to be able to write them with the idea of fellow fans reading them.” —Trish Milburn, writer in The Vampire Diaries
The Kindle Worlds Store is now open with over 50 commissioned stories including:
· “Pretty Little Liars: Stained” by Barbra Annino
· “The Vampire Diaries: The Arrival” by Lauren Barnholdt & Aaron Gorvine
· “Shadowman: Salvation Sally” by Tom King
· “The Foreworld Saga: The Qian” by Aric Davis
· “X-O Manowar: Noughts and Crosses” by Stuart Moore
Today’s announcement is also a call to storytellers to join Kindle Worlds. Here’s how the self-service submission platform works:
Choose Your World: Choose a World to write in and read the content guidelines.
Sign Up and Submit: Sign in (or sign up) with your Amazon account and submit your work using our self-service submission platform.
Review and Publish: Amazon Publishing will review your submission for compliance with the stated guidelines and we’ll publish your work once approved. Each sale of the Work will result in a royalty to the author.
Promote and Track Your Work: Post publication, sign into Author Central to track progress on your work.