The Most Popular Book Business Posts of September
Here’s a collection of Book Business’ most read stories from September.
- Book Business Top 20 Book Manufacturers Ranking 2015 - Part of the Fall Issue, the Top 20 Book Manufacturers ranking returned, listing the top printers in the book industry by revenue.
- Why Oyster Failed - In this guest post, Bookmate CEO Simon Dunlop explains why Oyster’s closure was inevitable and, despite this, why subscription still has a bright future.
- How to Price Books for Retain and Non-Retail Sales - Blogger and owner of Book Marketing Works, Brian Jud breaks down how publishers can earn greater profits from non-retail sales in this handy chart.
- The Big (And Small) Ideas Changing the Book Industry - Another feature from the Book Business Fall Issue, this piece shares forward-looking essays, or “Big Ideas” from some of the brightest minds in publishing.
- Why Bookselling Is Now a Relationships Game - Perseus Book Group’s Rick Joyce, Hachette’s Heather Fain, and Rodale Books’ Mary Ann Naples share insights on direct-to-consumer sales and explain the value of relationship-building.
- Publishers’ Sites Are Going Beyond Books - Another instance of direct-to-consumer marketing, this post reports on the launch Everafter Romance’s new site which shares “publisher-neutral” content for romance readers, including TV recaps, film reviews, and book recommendations.