Press Release: Barnes & Noble Hopes Author-Signed Books Will Get Readers in Stores on Black Friday
NEW YORK—November 24, 2015—Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS), the nation’s largest retail bookseller and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, is kicking off Black Friday Weekend with deals customers can’t miss at its nearly 650 stores nationwide and online at BN.com/blackfriday. Since there’s no discovery more exhilarating to a booklover than finding a favorite author’s signature inside a beloved book, Barnes & Noble is offering customers nationwide signed copies of books from over 120 acclaimed authors in stores only beginning on Black Friday and continuing throughout the holiday season, while supplies last. Plus, Barnes & Noble is offering exciting deals throughout the weekend including a buy 1, get 1 50% off offer on over a thousand educational toys and games in stores and online, and so much more.
In addition, amazing NOOK® deals will be available at Barnes & Noble throughout Black Friday Weekend, including unbeatable prices on select devices. The 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK, which combines Samsung’s leading technology and NOOK’s extraordinary content and reading experience, and the new NOOK GlowLight Plus, Barnes & Noble’s waterproof* and dustproof best ever NOOK eReader for worry-free reading anywhere, are each available for the lowest-ever price of only $99.99 in stores and online, while supplies last.
And to start the weekend off right, customers who come and shop at Barnes & Noble stores on Black Friday, November 27, will receive a complimentary tall hot coffee until 10 AM, no purchase necessary. There will be a limit of one per customer.
Incredible offers at Barnes & Noble on Black Friday** include:
- Second Annual Signed Editions Offering with Over a Half-Million Books Signed by More Than 120 Acclaimed Authors: Barnes & Noble is offering customers nationwide the opportunity to find a favorite author’s signature inside a beloved book, with signed copies of books from over 120 acclaimed authors. With over 500,000 books available – the largest ever offering of its kind – representing a wide variety of genres and subject matter, customers will have the opportunity to purchase these coveted editions in stores only beginning on Black Friday, November 27, and continuing throughout the holiday season, while supplies last.
- These Signed Editions include works from award-winning authors including Pulitzer Prize winner Anthony Doerr (All the Light We Cannot See) and National Book Award winner Nathaniel Philbrick (In the Heart of the Sea), admired authors with enduring works including Paulo Coelho (The Alchemist) and S.E. Hinton (The Outsiders), favorite authors who went from page to screen including Diana Gabaldon (Outlander) and Veronica Roth (Allegiant Collector’s Edition), internet sensations including Tyler Oakley (Binge) and Dan Howell & Phil Lester (The Amazing Book is Not on Fire), and so many more. For more information on Signed Editions and a full list of authors and works included, customers can visit BN.com/signededitions.
- Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off Over a Thousand Educational Toys & Games: Barnes & Noble has all the hottest, must-have, high-quality educational toys and games of the season perfect for kids of all ages and interests, making it an unmatched resource for gifts to help children learn and grow. This incredible buy 1, get 1 50% off offer applies to over a thousand educational toys and games in Barnes & Noble’s leading selection, and is available in stores and online.
- Special NOOK Device and Content Offerings: Amazing NOOK deals will be available at Barnes & Noble on Black Friday weekend, including the 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK and the new NOOK GlowLight Plus, each available for the lowest-ever, incredible value of only $99.99 in stores and online while supplies last. Customers will also receive a $5 credit to help them get started building their library as they explore the expansive NOOK Store®.
- Plus, Barnes & Noble offers all customers who purchase a new NOOK GlowLight Plus to choose complimentary NOOK content including: three books from a selection of 20 great titles featuring favorites such as The Gravedigger’s Daughter by Joyce Carol Oates, Think Big, Act Bigger by Jeffrey Hayzlett and On A Night Like This by Barbara Freethy, and three magazines from a selection of more than 25 popular publications such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire and Food Network Magazine.
- To make NOOK an even greater value, there will also be special content offers available, including bestselling NOOK Books® available for under $10 including Friction by Sandra Brown, The Royal We by Heather Cocks and more, and there will be a special sale on select romance NOOK Books including Second Chance Summer by Jill Shalvis and Wait for Me by Samantha Chase. In addition, new and favorite movies from NOOK Video™ will be on sale up to 50% off including Paper Towns, The Longest Ride and Fifty Shades of Grey.
Additional savings include:
- 50% off Special Gift Books: Customers can enjoy a spectacular 50% off offer on a wide selection of popular gift books for readers of all ages and interests both in stores and online, including Guinness World Records 2016, George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones Leather-Cloth Boxed Set (Song of Ice and Fire Series), Harry Potter: The Character Vault by Jody Revenson, The Day the Crayons Came Home by Drew Daywalt, The Nightmare Before Christmas (B&N Exclusive Edition) by Tim Burton, The Chronicles of Narnia Boxed Set by C.S. Lewis, and many others.
- $100 off the da Vinci Jr. 1.0 3D Printer from XYZprinting: This affordable printer is perfect for anyone from a first-time 3D designer to an aspiring inventor, and is the number one 3D printer for the home, office or classroom (K-12). Customers can purchase the da Vinci Jr. 1.0 3D Printer for the incredible value of $249.95 – a $100 discount – beginning on Black Friday through 12/24 in stores and online, while supplies last.
- Buy 1, Get 1 50% off Collectible Classic Editions: This huge buy 1, get 1 50% deal on classic collectible editions, available in stores and online, includes To Kill a Mockingbird (Barnes & Noble Collectible Editions), Moby-Dick (Barnes & Noble Collectible Editions), The Star Wars Trilogy (Barnes & Noble Collectible Editions), and so much more. Exclusions apply, ask a bookseller for details.
- 30% off All Print Magazines: Customers can receive 30% off all print magazines in stores only, one day only, on Black Friday, November 27. This fantastic one-day offer applies to thousands of titles, including Bon Appetit, Glamour, HGTV, National Geographic, and so many others.
- Buy 1, Get 1 50% off Godiva® Gold Ballotins: This irresistible buy 1, get 1 50% off offer on signature Godiva Gold Ballotins, available in stores only, is perfect for gift-giving.
Plus, customers who shop at Barnes & Noble during Black Friday Weekend can take advantage of Barnes & Noble’s best Gift Card offer ever: a free $10 Reward Card with the purchase of $50 or more of Gift Cards. The $10 Reward Card can be redeemed 12/26/15 through 3/31/16. And, as always, Members receive an extra 10% off almost everything in stores every day***.
Customers are invited to visit Barnes & Noble’s nearly 650 stores nationwide or shop online at BN.com/blackfriday to experience the amazing Black Friday Weekend deals that Barnes & Noble has to offer.
* IP67 certified. Waterproof in fresh water for up to 30 minutes at a maximum depth of 1 meter (3.28 feet). Avoid immersion in saltwater or other liquids. USB port must be completely dry before use.
**While supplies last. Restrictions apply. See BN.com/blackfriday for details.
*** Select items excluded. See Terms & Conditions.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS) is a Fortune 500 company, the nation’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 647 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). The Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK® tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®. The NOOK Store features more than 4 million digital books in the US (www.nook.com) and UK (www.nook.co.uk), plus periodicals, comics, apps, movies and TV shows, and offers the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ available for Android™, iOS® and Windows®.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company's corporate website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates. NOOK® and the NOOK logos are trademarks of Nook Digital, LLC or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr, and like us on Facebook. For more information on NOOK, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.