Press Release: Scribd Re-imagines the Ebook Browsing Experience
"Scribd's subscription model does wonders for book discovery, because it eliminates so much of the friction that usually exists to begin reading a good book," said Trip Adler, co-founder and CEO. "Meanwhile our new browse feature alone is a huge step forward for book discovery. Ultimately we believe it's the combination of the subscription model with our innovative book discovery offering that will create a magical experience for readers, and this is just the beginning of more to come."
Scribd's new browse features include:
- New look, feel, and voice - More than rows of books, the browse experience guides readers through the entire Scribd library with personal notes from Scribd's editorial team and a rich visual experience complete with custom graphics.
- Topical Collections - Browse goes beyond simple categories with thousands of unique, all-new proprietary collections based on the subjects, location, time period, and aesthetic qualities of books.
- Scribd Selects - Handpicked favorites from the Scribd editorial staff in every genre complete with personal blurbs.
- Guest Curated Collections - Readers can explore various collections recommended by acclaimed authors, such as top sports books curated by Juliet Macur and romance reads curated by Maya Rodale.
- Algorithmic Recommendations - Scribd's powerful recommendation engine offers recommendations personalized picks for the reader that update dynamically as they browse through genres. Niche collections are surfaced only to the right readers.
- Top Books and Authors- Readers can browse the top books on Scribd in one place: from what's trending among Scribd readers to New York Times bestsellers to award-winners in every genre.
Scribd's all new browse experience is available now on Scribd.com and will be available in the mobile apps over the coming weeks.
Scribd is the premier subscription reading service with more than 500,000 titles, including New York Times bestsellers, classics, and reader favorites in every genre. Available in more than 100 countries and 80 languages via iOS, Android, Windows, Kindle Fire, Nook tablets and the web, Scribd also features millions of written works contributed by users around the world. Launched in 2007 by Trip Adler and Jared Friedman and backed by Y Combinator, Charles River Ventures, and Redpoint Ventures, Scribd is one of the most influential websites in the world, reaching more than 80 million active readers every month. For more information, please visit www.scribd.com.