Fast Stats: Studies, Statistics and News You Can Use
1. Transform Data Into Insight: Information is worthless unless you can make good decisions based on it. Know what your data means.
2. You Need a Single Version of the Truth: Keep reporting consistent. Clients who get conflicting numbers are unhappy clients.
3. Manage by Exception: Fire off alerts when there's a problem or an opportunity to capitalize. If you spit out datasets all the time, you can't tell employees what to focus on and they'll end up work on something they shouldn't be working on.
4. Focus on Analysis: Publishers shouldn't need to rely on analysts doing analysis reports. Analysis should be a component of your organization.
5. Real-time Access: Publishing has become a fast-moving world. Insist on having access to data as it happens.
6. Collaboration: Share data with your clients to find new applications and opportunities.