Columbus, OH, November 15, 2012 – DataCurate announces the publication of The Metadata Handbook, a one-stop guide for book publishers — large, small, and independent — offering help in understanding how metadata works and outlining the essential components of successful metadata creation and distribution.
Topics covered include:
- How metadata for books operates in the real world
- Metadata fundamentals & the history of metadata for books
- Standards and best practices for creating and distributing accurate and comprehensive metadata
- The basics of ONIX for Books, including ONIX 3.0
- The basics of EPUB 3 metadata options
- The latest metadata trends, including metadata for self-publishers.
The first comprehensive reference to publisher metadata, The Metadata Handbook includes a glossary of more than 150 industry and technical terms, a bibliography providing access to metadata documentation and further reading, and directories of industry organizations and vendors.