Reach Your Goals This Year
Time is running out in 2013 to still reach your objectives. Here are five things you can do to make your numbers this year.
1. If your clients have unspent budget money, ask them to prepay a first-quarter marketing campaign using your book as the premium item.
2. Give your contacts at each client company a testimonial (if deserved) that they can show their bosses during end-of-year reviews.
3. You may have overestimated your 2013 revenue forecast. If so, implement a sales blitz now to hit your numbers. Have an internal sales contest. Beef up your targeted promotion. Don't wait until December.
4. If you intend to hire people, do it now. Train them properly s they "hit the ground running" in 2014. Then you can also beat your competition to hiring the best talent.
5. It's too late to get a book on the shelves now for 4Q retail sales, but there are still opportunities among non-retail buyers. Sell your book as a premium to companies seeking to do the above. Call on the HR people who are looking for ways to conduct 4Q holiday parties for employees.
Brian Jud is an author, book-marketing consultant, seminar leader, television host and president of Premium Book Company, which sells books to non-bookstore buyers on a non-returnable, commission-only basis and conducts on-site training for publishers' sales forces.
Brian is the author of "How to Make Real Money Selling Books (Without Worrying About Returns)," a do-it-yourself guide to selling books to non-bookstore buyers in large quantities, with no returns. He has written many articles about book publishing and marketing, is the author of the eight e-booklets with "Proven Tips for Publishing Success," and creator of the series of "Book Marketing Wizards." He is also the editor of the bi-weekly newsletter, "Book Marketing Matters."
Brian is the host of the television series "The Book Authority" and has aired over 650 shows. In addition, he is the author, narrator and producer of the media-training video program "You're On The Air."
Reach Brian at BrianJud@BookMarketing.com or visit his website at www.PremiumBookCompany.com