What Publishers and Book Manufacturers Need to Know in 2020
Sponsored by: Canon Solutions America
Speakers: Brian, O’Leary, Executive Director, Book Industry Study Group (BISG); Joe Upton, VP of Business Development, Above the Treeline
As we enter a new decade in book publishing, we can expect to see a continuation of many trends observed in recent years. Self-publishing will grow, audio will remain a top priority, and digital printing technology will accelerate publishers’ shift from an inventory-driven model to a more on-demand model. Meanwhile, publishers will need to contend with changing metadata standards and a move to 13-digit ISBNs in the U.S. market that may cause operational headaches. This webinar will share insight into key book industry trends so that publishers and manufacturers can prepare and adapt for success in the years ahead.
Industry experts will share perspectives on these topics and more:
- What proportion of adults are reading print vs. ebooks?
- How will audiobooks and podcasts impact book sales?
- What publishers should do now to be ready to deliver ONIX 3 before the start of the fall selling season
- How can metadata be leveraged for better book marketing?
- In what ways does digital printing impact book sales and profitability?
- What implications will the rise of print on-demand have?
Sponsored by Canon Solutions America
Couldn’t make it on February 20th? No problem! Book Business webinars are archived for 90 days after the live event. Click above to register and get access to this webinar, both live and on-demand.