iPublishCentral 4.1 Offers Enhanced Features for Reading eBooks on Mobile Devices
New York – February 13, 2013 – Impelsys, a global leader in providing electronic content delivery solutions, today announced the release of iPublishCentral 4.1, the latest version of its award-winning digital publishing software for publishers.
iPublishCentral is a comprehensive platform that allows publishers to warehouse, deliver, distribute, market and sell their eBooks without making significant capital or engineering resource investments on their own. This means that publishers are able to quickly monetize their digital assets by selling eBooks to institutions, retail partners and directly to consumers.
The new release of the software includes a number of enhancements to the iPublishCentral Reader that make it easier to read eBooks and other digital content on-demand, from any location, on iPads, iPad Minis and Android-powered mobile devices. These features enable publishers to better serve the needs of their retail and institutional customers for mobile access to eBooks.
“With the enhanced iPublishCentral Reader, a publisher’s customers to access their eBook titles on multiple platforms including PCs, laptops, iPads and Android-based tablets,” said Sameer Shariff, founder and chief executive officer of Impelsys. “Our passion is to continuously innovate and enhance iPublishCentral in order to deliver the best and most comprehensive digital publishing software platform available to publishers. This latest version of the software continues that momentum and better meets the emerging needs of our customers for mobile access to eBooks.”
According to Shariff, key additions to iPublishCentral 4.1 include the following:
- A new iPublishCentral Reader App for the iPad and iPad Mini;
- A new iPublishCentral Reader App for Android tablets, such as the Samsung Galaxy and the Google Nexus;
- Social networking support that allows readers to log-in to any iPublishCentral-powered eBookstore with their Facebook or Google ID credentials, as well as easily share content on sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest;
- A new iPublishCentral Online Reader App for ePUB files, which supports highlighting, bookmarks and notes on browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari; and
- Enhancements for institutions that enable publishers to better manage eBook subscriptions and control user access to content.
For more information, please go to www.ipublishcentral.com, or to download the iPublishCentral Reader as an app, please go to http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ioffline/id510322929?mt=8.