The Most Popular Book Business Stories from October
Here’s a collection of Book Business’ most read stories from October.
- 7 Big Stories from the 2015 Frankfurt Book Fair - The Frankfurt Book Fair was this month, gathering a record-breaking crowd of authors, agents, and book executives. Book Business gathered the biggest headlines from the fair in this article.
- Macmillan Higher Education & Macmillan New Ventures to Become Single Unit - Macmillan shared this week that it’s combining the technology startups fostered under its New Ventures unit with publishing arm Macmillan Higher Education. The combined unit will debut as Macmillan Learning on January 1st.
- Subscription Services Strike Back - Despite Oyster’s closure this month, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and Disney both launched ebook subscription services in October. This post explores how subscription is evolving and what that means for publishers trying to reach readers directly.
- Using Technology to Boost Bookstores - Joe Wikert explores the potential for improving discoverability within the bookstore, by implementing technology already used at grocery store chains like Kroger. This technology could have a huge impact on book sales, argues Wikert.
- OverDrive Announces Massive Global Expansion at Frankfurt - OverDrive announced a huge expansion of its catalog, adding over 300,000 titles, at Frankfurt Book Fair. The platform now provides ebooks to institutions in over 50 countries.