Publisher Pushes Boundaries With Launch of Interactive Biography App
(Press Release) Feb. 17, 2012—Swedish Bonnier R&D has worked alongside footballer Zlatan Ibrahimovic to create the first truly interactive biography app, which will be available exclusively for the iPad. The app is based on the bestselling book I Am Zlatan, completely re-imagined for touchscreen. It is believed to be the first biography of its kind, and certainly the first developed for a football superstar.
Based on the Mag+ platform, a publishing platform developed by Bonnier, the app I Am Zlatan has been developed by Bonnier R&D, following the release of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's autobiography late last year. It's the first in the next generation of reading experiences, pushing the boundaries for how we consume works of literature. The app creates a highly immersive storytelling experience, where the original text is brought to life by a number of scenes, memorabilia, images and videos.
"I wanted to tell everyone my side of the story and let fans understand where I come from. The app is a great new way to experience this," says Ibrahimovic.
The app's release on 17th February coincides with the enigmatic Swedish striker's return to British soil as he travels with A.C. Milan in the UEFA Champions League to face Arsenal. The app allows you to experience the story of legendary striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic's life and career in a completely new and unique way.
Deep-dive vertically to find the original text with adjacent images, videos and links for further exploration. Swipe horizontally to discover highly immersive and interactive scenes, never seen before visual stories highlighting defining moments of the player's life. Additionally, the original text is re-created into a geographical as well as chronological interactive storyline.
The app will be available in the itunes App Store from Feb 17th. and will cost US $18.99.
Unique features only available in the I Am Zlatan biography app
- 16 scenes: Visual stories highlighting defining moments of the biography, including: the showtime goal in La Manga, the Maradona goal against Breda, the backheel against Italy, the inauguration of Zlatan Court, the backheel at Inter that crowned Zlatan Capocannoniere, the reception at Camp Nou, the goal in El Cl¡sico, the reception at San Siro, the penalty in the Interâ Milan Derby, and more.
- The timeline: Explore the original text re-created as a chronological interactive storyline
- Geo stories: Navigate the story geographically on an interactive map or using the GPS of the iPad when traveling
- Stop-motion storytelling: Study the Maradona goal against Breda and Ronaldo's tricks and techniques
- Tattoo stories: Scope out Zlatan's tattoos interactively
- Dialogue storytelling: See quotes from Zlatan's first meeting with Mino
- Memorabilia gallery: a close-up view of some of the boots through the years
- Statistics: the career told in numbers with adjacent images
- Picture gallery: Zlatan's life outside of football
- Personal video introduction by Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- 130 images and 30 videos integrated into each chapter, carefully selected to enhance the original story.
- Unique behind-the-scenes interview with author David Lagercrantz on writing the text with Zlatan Ibrahimovic
About the story