ECPA Announces 2012 Christian Book Award Winners in Seven Categories, including first-time New Author category
The 2012 Christian Book Award Winners in each category are:
CHRISTIAN BOOK OF THE YEAR
• Nearing Home, Billy Graham (Thomas Nelson) 9780849948329
• ESV Student Study Bible (Crossway) 9781433523045
Category: BIBLE REFERENCE
• Dictionary of Christian Spirituality, Glen G. Scorgie (Zondervan) 9780310290667
• The Story for Children, A Storybook Bible, Max Lucado, Randy Frazee, and Karen Davis Hill (Zonderkidz) 9780310719755
• The Queen, Steven James (Revell/ Baker Publishing Group) 9780800733032
• The Law of Happiness, Dr. Henry Cloud (Howard Books) 9781439176993
Category: NEW AUTHOR
• Love Amid the Ashes, Mesu Andrews (Revell/ Baker Publishing Group) 9780800734077
• Close Enough to Hear God Breathe, Greg Paul (Thomas Nelson) 9781400203000
From hundreds of entry titles published in the last year, the Christian Book Awards select five finalists in each category based on both editorial excellence and category-specific criteria. The winners in each category were announced at the ECPA Awards banquet held Monday, April 30, during ECPA’s annual Executive Leadership Summit near Chicago.
ECPA is partnering with Christianity Today Inc. (CTi) to promote the winning titles to its consumer base. ECPA has also confirmed support from national retailers to create in-store and consumer promotions to build awareness of the Christian Book Award winning titles.
To view the winning titles, finalists, and supporting retailers, go to http://www.christianbookexpo.com/christianbookawards.
# # #
The Christian Book Awards, established in 1978 as the Gold Medallion Book Awards by the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association, recognize the absolute highest quality in Christian books. Based on excellence in content, literary quality, design and impact, the Christian Book Awards are the oldest and among the most prestigious in the religious publishing industry. For more information, visit http://www.ecpa.org/?page=cba_1_overview. For more information on the winners, visit http://www.christianbookexpo.com/christianbookawards.
The Evangelical Christian Publishers Association (ECPA) is an international non-profit trade organization, comprised of nearly 150 member companies worldwide, representing a combined revenue of $1.4 billion. Since 1974, ECPA has strengthened Christian publishing by building Networking, Information, and Advocacy opportunities within the industry and across multiple channels so that our members can more effectively produce and deliver transformational Christian content.
For more information about ECPA: 480-966-3998 | email@example.com | www.ecpa.org.
Related story: ECPA Resolves Copyright Infringement Case