Follett Digital Resources Signs Ten More Publishers to eBook Distribution Agreements
The Follett Digital Resources eBook distribution system uses five key pieces of technology to deliver eBooks:
* Virtual Warehousing -- Technology that holds eBooks at the ready until sold to a Follett school or library customer.
* Preview -- Functionality that allows buyers and patrons to preview pages of an eBook prior to purchase.
* Digital Rights Management -- Ensures intellectual property is protected as eBooks are distributed and viewed.
* Virtual Shelves -- A virtual space for each institution's purchased Follett eBooks where they are poised for checkout and reading by school and library patrons.
* Follett Digital Reader -- A proprietary eBook reader for viewing and interacting with eBooks offline once they have been purchased by a Follett school or public library customer and downloaded by a library patron.