Harvard University Press Selects Virtusales' Biblio3 Software to Run its Publishing Operations
Phil Turner, Chief Executive Officer of Virtusales added, "Harvard University Press has an excellent and instantly recognisable brand with an outstanding reputation for quality publishing. We are very excited at the opportunities that this project will bring both parties and we look forward to a long and mutually prosperous relationship."
Biblio3, a fully integrated publishing software system, will be accessible on PCs and Macs across all publishing offices in multiple locations. Biblio3 tracks all details and commercial activities of a title in both physical and electronic format from pre-acquisition through to post publication, with functionality including:
* Centralized bibliographic data management providing bibliographic, contractual, rights, marketing and financial data to all users across all sites.
* Projects costed quicker and more accurately due to templates and scales.
* Quick and easy automated generation of catalogues and sales information sheets drastically reducing the amount of administrative effort required.
* Integrated scheduling providing improved planning and management of publication schedules and reducing average lead times.
* Comprehensive P&L reporting including costs, sales, royalties and rights estimates.
* Digital workflows between departments drastically reducing the need for paper or email based requests and ensuring smoother end to end publishing processes.
* Purchase Order management generating electronic and PDF purchase orders with interfaces to finance systems.
* Head contract, rights and subrights management providing accurate and to the second data on rights acquired and sold.
* Industry standards such as ONIX, Bowker, BIC, BISAC and Safety Testing.