IDPF Digital Book 2013 Reveals an All-Star Lineup
New York, NY, May 8, 2013 – From May 29-30, 2013, the best minds in digital publishing will convene in the Javits Center in New York City for the highly-anticipated, perennially sold-out at IDPF Digital Book 2013 conference (http://idpf.org/db13). This year’s theme, Advancing Publishing in a Digital World, has already drawn an enormous crowd, with seats expected to sell out soon.
Some featured speakers and session insights include:
- Otis Chandler, Co-founder and CEO of Goodreads will share an update and tackle questions from the crowd, including: what’s next for Goodreads now that it’s owned by Amazon? What does the recent sale mean for the 17 million members, 530 million books and 23 million reviews?
- Malcolm Gladwell, bestselling author and staff writer for The New Yorker will speculate on the digital future with Brad Stone, Bloomberg Businessweek writer and author of the upcoming The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon
- Paul Aiken, Executive Director of the Authors Guild, will speak out for his constituents in the sale versus licensing digital content controversy, sharing the stage with the other side, John Ossenmacher of ReDigi, moderated by former Tools of Change icon, Joe Wikert
- Allen Lau of Wattpad, Kristen McLean of Bookigee and Anne Kubek of INscribe Digital will enrich the audience with tips on how to engage deeper with readers
- Sylvia Day and Jennifer Armentrout will reveal their secrets on how to be a successful and bestselling hybrid author
- Paul Belfanti (Pearson), Kent Freeman (VitalSource), Evan St. Lifer (Scholastic), Daniel Fountenberry (Borne Digital), Rebecca Tomasini (The Alvo Institute), Ken Brooks (Cengage), Diana Rhoten (Amplify) and more digital education pioneers will show us what 21st century learning platforms and classrooms should really look like and why
- Steve Potash (OverDrive), Jeff Jaffe (World Wide Web Consortium) and John Wheeler (SPi Global) will cover the open web platform, EPUB 3 and HTML 5, while Markus Gylling (DAISY) and Bill Kasdorf (Apex CoVantage) will share the latest EPUB 3 developments and features and Liz Castro (Author) will put them into action
- Chris Kitchener of Adobe and Steve Matteson of Monotype will explore how to enhance a reader’s experience through typography and fonts
- Eve Hill (Department of Justice), George Kerscher (DAISY and 2013 Presidential Appointee) and Robin Seaman (Benetech) will cover accessibility in the digital world
The stacked lineup continues with speakers from Random House, HarperCollins, Google, Barnes and Noble, and more. (http://idpf.org/digital-book-2013/speakers)
Enriching the two-day conference are three different tracks with focuses on business and marketing, technology and production, and education/STM publishing, as well as diverse plenary sessions. Debuting for the first time this year is a Solutions Showcase, complete with not-to-be-missed lightning demonstrations of promising digital start-ups.
No other publishing conference provides such practical strategies, technical expertise and actionable insights that you can use immediately and successfully. Registration remains open but the IDPF Digital Book Conference sells out every year. Register today at: http://idpf.org/db13. Paid admission to IDPF Digital Book 2013 includes free admission to the BookExpo America trade show and exhibit hall, including the Digital Discovery Zone by IDPF.
Tweet this: The #DigitalBook13 lineup just keeps getting better. @otown @bradstone, @bookexpoamerica @billmccoy @digibookworld http://ow.ly/kQXD8
IDPF Digital Book 2013 sponsors include SPi Global (Diamond), Apex CoVantage, Ingram Content Group, Monotype, OverDrive (Platinum), Aptara, Attributor, Datalogics, Metrodigi, ZOO Digital (Gold), BookBaby, Copia, Gutenberg Technology, and INscribe Digital (Silver), Good E-Reader and Publishers Weekly (Media), and Book Industry Study Group and Digital Book World (Associate).
About the International Digital Publishing Forum
The International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF) is a non-profit trade and standards organization for the digital publishing industry with a membership of over 300 companies and organizations from 35 different countries. IDPF is responsible for the EPUB 3 open standard interchange and delivery format for digital books and publications as well as related technical information to promote the development and growth of the global digital publishing market. Proceeds from Digital Book 2013 conference directly support the organization’s mission and work. Further information about the IDPF, including membership options, can be obtained by visiting idpf.org. EPUB and EPUB 3 are registered trademarks of IDPF.