Quality Sales Materials on the Fly
• Direct Mail. The sales representatives can choose from a series of letters targeting potential customers. The letters range from introductory letters to follow-up letters and sales letters that describe the benefits of working with Thomson West. The sales representative's signature is automatically added to the letter. A mailing database can be uploaded and merged with a letter for addressing and personalization.
• Event Banners. A sales representative can enter a custom headline and subhead to create a 3-foot by 8-foot banner.
• Event Flyers. The sales representative can choose the background image, headline and an optional subhead. The system controls the number of characters the sales representative is allowed to type for these text options.
• Invitations—to parties, events, and training sessions. The invitation can be customized with the date, time, location, and RSVP information. In some cases, the sales representative can even upload a mailing database for personalization.
• Letters. Sales representatives can customize the greeting and write the body of the letter by typing directly in a document view within the Web browser, and can customize the contact information and add (and crop on screen) his or her photograph.
• Postcards. Seven templates promote online continuing legal education (CLE) classes offered by Thomson West. The sales representative selects a template online and customizes the postcard for a specific class with information such as date, time and the number of California Law Examination credits the participant will receive upon completing a specific course.
When creating the customizable templates, the creative services staff "locked" some items on the page in order to maintain the Thomson West brand identity and design standards. An online approvals process can route customized documents to supervisors to handle quality assurance issues—such as looking for typos—in advance of the document being digitally printed.